UCA CALENDAR 2019
All workshops are open to members of UCA. they are filled on a first come, first served basis. If there are openings after members have had an opportunity to enroll, non-members of the guild are eligible to come for an increased fee of $30.00 over the cost of the workshop.
MICHAEL SULL POINTED PEN WORKSHOP
October 18 & 19 2019 at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center.
This Workshop is FULL
with no wait list.
MICHAEL SULL LECTURE FREE & Open to Public
PENMANSHIP & ENGROSSING:
THE GOLDEN ART'S FROM AMERICA'S PAST
Thursday, October 17th • 7-8:30 pm
at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center
1355 W. 3100 S. West Valley City, UT
Refreshments will be served
Michael Sull is a Master Penman for IAMPETH and one of America's foremost Spencerian penmen. He travels extensively, teaching around the world. Michael was Ronald Reagan's calligrapher after Reagan left the presidency. He will be demonstrating during the lecture and will have some of his own work to sell. Also, Michael is bringing some original very rare documents for people to see. Don't miss this opportunity!!
All meetings are held at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center in West Valley City, Utah,
1355 West 3100 South from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Our Theme this Year is:
• JANUARY 19: Pointed Pen: nibs, pen setup and basic strokes.
• FEBRUARY 16: Copperplate Minuscules, Spacing
• MARCH 16: Copperplate Majuscules, Variations
• APRIL 20: Letters, Lines & Layout
• May 18: Flourishing
• JUNE 15: Pointed Brush Script Using Watercolor.
SUMMER BREAK • JULY & AUGUST
• SEPTEMBER 21: UCA 40th Birthday Celebration
• OCTOBER 12: French Round Writing taught by Faye Maxfield • plus making a fun small book also taught by Faye.
• NOVEMBER 9: Christmas Compendium. Several small "make & take" classes with food and other delights!!