UCA MEETING 2023. . .
SATURDAY, APRIL 22, 2023
10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Utah Cultural Celebration Center
1355 West 3100 South • West Valley City,
SUPPLIES TO BRING:
- Paper: grid pad 8
1/2 x 11 or white copy paper that you can see guidelines through.
- A monoline writing tool. Lots of options: Nancy will demo with a Speedball B-5 in a standard pen holder, but other B nibs would work (B-4 or smaller); alternately a bullet-tip
marker (comparable in size to a smaller B nib) is also an option and would be a bit easier to manage—a Micron Pigma 08 or Stabilo 88 would be good (both available at Michael’s); steer clear of
Sharpies due to bleed-through. Even a dull pencil will work for getting started!
- Grid Pad––8 squares to the inch
- Ink––Walnut or Higgins Eternal is recommended
- A slant board if you use one
- Pencil & Eraser
- Any other supplies you regularly use.
PLEASE PRINT THE HANDOUTS AND BRING THEM WITH YOU.
Go to the "2023 Handouts" tab at the top of this page and
print out the April handouts to use at this meeting.
Paper play! Taught by Kathy Agrelius
This class will be fun and somewhat messy.
THINGS TO BRING:
- An apron for sure, or an old shirt to keep you clean!
- Walnut ink if you have some, otherwise we will have some you can use.
- Water colors such as Prang.
- Water container to rinse your brushes
- Small chip brush
- 1 or 2 round brushes
- Paper Towels
- Sea Sponge if you have one
- From your junk drawer bring an item or two that will lie flat, leaving an interesting mark, such as a chain or small beads.
No worries! Bring what you have. For sure bring the items that are bolded. Bring the others, if you have